Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Chance of Rain First Pass

So, here is the compilation of shots I'm doing for Chance of Rain. This is all super rough first pass of blocking in. The way I went about it is using the mocap data for timing of major poses, matching the framecount to my thumbnails, and then roughing my poses in 3D entirely based on thumbs and video ref and the mocap just for placement.

We ran into some weird stuff going on with the rig in the arms since hand rotation and arm rotation are the same controller right now... So when that's fixed it won't be as goofy looking as it does now. And I won't lose my keys, which is excellent.

Anyway, this is all super rough and I still have about 40 frames left at the end of the last shot but I like where it's going. I didn't touch the boob controllers at all (even the close up of them... John Mark did a great job rigging them), nor the fingers or hair or face morphs so there will be a lot of new things added for the next pass. All in all I'm pretty pleased with where it is right now.

ALSO I LOVE LOST.

Chance of Rain Dance First Pass from Romina Barrett on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment